Sunday, June 13, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse #19

Hello princesses,

I have been re-reading some of my recent posts and I chuckle and smile at my typos. I am such a perfectionist that these would normally embarrass and frustrate me, but because I am aware that I am moving at warp speed these days AND because I am aware of God's hand shaping me to accept myself (in some small ways) as imperfect, I can just smile and chuckle. Of course, it also makes me wonder why none of you have corrected me or commented on them...could it be that you read in as rushed a manner as I type? Or, you are just showing God's grace to me each time they happen? Part of me thinks that no matter how many times I proofread my posts before I click on "publish" there will be a typo missed just to keep me humble. You know what? That's now okay with me. Probably the first time in 40+ years. So, when I have that typo or glaring error, please just smile along with me and remember your own humanness in whatever it exhibits itself in your life! :)

This has been a week of amazing and wonderful things! Last week I posted about yearning for open and closed doors and this week there have been opened doors and closed doors revealed to Tom and I in such a fashion that all we can do it sit back and be amazed. I can't reveal all of these to you at this time, and I'm very sorry, but know that our Father the King is quickly and miraculously revealing His purpose in our lives to us now! What an amazing thing to behold! I just sit back, look to the heavens and say, "Wow. What's next?

And, I am a little saddened because there are people that are near and dear to me in this life that I don't think have ever experienced this. It is my hope and prayer that you, my sisters, my fellow royalty under Him would have a time in your life where you can clearly see God guiding you. It certainly puts that whole "Creator and created" thing into perspective! I wonder now why I ever question Him...why I ever look at what I think should happen with these eyes of sight and become critical or questioning of Him. Does it really take moving to a third world country to have this happen? Or am I just one of the more stubborn ones? Probably the latter...sigh...good thing there is grace!

Onto our verse for this week. I know that I have been so convicted and blessed by this current series of verses! I hope that you have too! I have seen some strained relationships turn for the better by His grace allowing me to put into practice some of these words.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

Wow. Wow. If these aren't words that I need to hear and commit to memory, there aren't any! Yes, I know that you could be thinking that I selected these verses ahead of time, so I can't really be surprised. But, I picked them out a LONG TIME AGO! And from week to week I am challenged enough living this life that I am not thinking about the verse that is coming up next.

So, how this week in our spiritual strength training are we going work in these exercises? Joyful in hope. I could write pages about that and how I have failed at it. Patient in affliction. Huh. I believe that I am anything but. Faithful in prayer. Well, well, well. I would love to end up this trilogy of "be's" by telling you that at LEAST I do this one well. But I can't. I try...and sometimes I just don't have the words, or the willingness, or the faithfulness. That's really what it comes down to, right? Faithfulness. The qualities of my 76 lb. lab/poodle mix named Max are missing in me more often than I care to admit.

I don't want you to think that this post is about beating myself up, because that's NOT what I want you to take from it. But, it is about honesty. And, to be honest, I need to be more joyful in hope, more patient in affliction and more faithful in prayer. Not that I don't do any of these things, I just need to be more of them.

That's what strength training is all about, right? Being able to do more...
Join me in working out in joyfulness, patience and faithfulness this week, would you? You will be a huge encouragement to me!

blessings,
kimberly

1 comment:

GS Prayer Warrior said...

Love the new look!
Thank you for being there to pray last night! You are a shining star, my sister, and I'm enjoying sharing this fantastic journey with you!