Sunday, June 27, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse Week #21

Blessings to you this Sunday afternoon...wherever you are!
I have friends and loved ones out of the state and out of the country this day, more of them than normal, so my greeting is appropriate! And as I think of them, I remember them all in prayer this afternoon.
Our verse for this week is more instruction:
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. ~Romans 12:14
I have not been physically persecuted, and God willing, I hope that I never am. However, I have had some moments recently when people have teased me for my faith, or been sarcastic in regards to the way I try to live my life. Does it hurt? Eh, a little. It makes me sad more than anything else, I guess. But, The Message version of this verse hits a little closer to home:
Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath.
Hmmmm....how often do I remember in the moment to bless my enemies? Or, more accurately, how frequently do I bless them before I choose to curse (or scold, or disparage) under my breath? That's much more convicting.
So, this week in our spiritual faith building, we will work on blessing our enemies before anything negative crosses our lips or minds. Ok?
Have a blessed week! Hopefully there will soon be some updates from Tom in Haiti. I haven't spoken or communicated with him since I dropped him off at the airport yesterday morning at 5 am. Close to a record for us...and I miss him greatly!
Live like a child of royalty this week as you strengthen your spiritual muscles!
~kimberly

No comments: