Sunday, June 20, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse Week #20

Good Afternoon and Happy Father's Day!

I pray that this day finds you enjoying your father, husband and/or all those special father figures in your life, but I also pray that you are celebrating the love the your Father, the King, lavishes on you each and every day!

This week's memory verse is a continuation of the passage from Romans that we have been studying for the past several weeks. We are given instructions on how to live our lives, and this week we commit to memory:

Share with God's people who are in need, practice hospitality. ~Romans 12:13

So, let's put this in perspective by looking at what we've been told to do so far:

love sincerely
hate evil
cling to good
be devoted
honor one another
be zeal-y
have spiritual fervor
serve Him

and now, this. Give to those in need and practice hospitality. Hmmmm....

If I look at this list and think about my life, this is a good list to carry around with me as reminders of who and what I should be from the moment I get up in the morning. How about you?

I love this! Do I do it? Some of it. Sometimes. When I'm not too hungry, crabby, tired, selfish or unaware. Which is most of the time, I think.

So, for my faith and life workouts this week, I'm putting this list on a sticky note and into my planner. I manage to get done most of what I put in my planner, and am wondering why this list hasn't been there before.

I hope you'll join me. We all have to do some strengthening in some part of our lives, don't we?

blessings,
kimberly

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm joining you in the strength training process! Thanks for being such an encouraging, kind, loving, honest, and truthful trainer! You're the best!