Sunday, March 21, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse Week #8

Well, my fellow princesses,

This is going to be short and sweet tonight! i have hardly had a second to use the restroom, much less blog and think creatively about spiritual things! My prayers are certainly breathed throughout each and every day, but honestly, at night these days, they are whispered as i crawl into bed, pull up the covers and quickly go into full sleep mode. I am having the time of my life caring for Stephane and Gregory now that Grandma Leonie returned to Haiti for the funeral of her cousin and brother-in-law, Pastor Louis. It just so happened that the funeral was the same day as the 5th anniversary of the passing of Leonie's husband, Pastor Israel Izidor. It was good for the family to be together as they grieved and celebrated the life of two very Spirit-led, influential men in the history of Haiti.

Since Leonie left on Thursday I have had the privilege of caring for the boys. What an honor and a blessing! And to say that I am tired is not a complaint, but only a statement of fact. This sort of tired happens anytime we find our life routines and patterns changed...and it's all good. I'm so happy and blessed to be used in this way. God is so good. Here are some recent photos:

Here is Stephane listening to a Curious George book read by his "cousin," Jacob.
And this sweet photo is after our first night with me in charge! He woke up early, we cuddled on the couch for awhile and he fell back asleep for a couple of hours....
And...after being absolutely TERRIFIED of the dogs, Stephane has found some ways to enjoy them...feeding his Cheerios to Rocky, and playing fetch with Max!
And Gregory was enthralled with the musicians that stopped by our table 
at the local Mexican restaurant!

So, with all of that you can see that life is busy, but so, so blessed!

With that, let me get to the Scripture memory verse for this week:
"For I am the Lord, your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13
Ok, what a blessing is that???? Holy cow, princesses...Do you ever wonder what your Heavenly Father thinks of you? He adores you! He will take your right hand and tells you not to fear because He will help you!

This makes me think of Stephane and how almost every experience is new to him. In Haiti he was well cared for, but frankly there are limited resources...so seeing dogs that are friendly, a cow at Cook's Dairy, a slide at a playground, or a million other things are outside of any experience he has ever had...well, they can be frightening at first. It is easy for us to think, "Boy, he really is afraid of a lot of things," but think about it...if you were plucked up out of your world and placed in an environment where everything was unfamiliar, wouldn't you be timid, too? I know I would...

That's where this Scripture verse is so powerful....you see, when Stephane encounters something new, he looks up to me to hold his hand, or just hold him. Period. That's all he wants. With that comfort, he can face the new thing with a little more security. It's security that is so simple for me to provide, and I'm so happy to do it...and it means the world to him. It helps him learn more about the world around him from safe arms.

Princess, that's the same thing your Father, the King, wants to offer you. He will hold your right hand through every situation. AND, He tells you not only not to fear, but that He will help you. It is easy for Him to do and He is eager to do it for you. WOW!

So, what are you facing today? Loss of a job? Family strife? An uncertain future? My prayer for you is that you allow Him, your Father, to hold your hand through this....allow His peace to fill you so that there is no fear, and know that help is on the way...whatever it is, He is already there.

Wow, again. What a blessing. I know that I need some hand-holding right now. How about you? Let's rely on Him together...

Finally, I cannot sign off here until I give the most minimal, but heart-felt thanks to my fellow princesses that are helping me care for the boys during this time! Tom just returned from Spain last evening, and he and Adrianne will leave for Haiti on Tuesday. I, of course, still have a fulltime job, lol, and therefore need load of help with the boys. My fellow princesses have stepped up to the plate and are offering more help than I ever imagined! I am so humbled and thankful. There aren't even words...for me to have to have to have the privilege of being in ministry with these women and to call them my friends is such a blessing. God is working miracles here...

Blessings...
kimberly

1 comment:

GS Prayer Warrior said...

Kimberly, your short & sweet post is a virtual piece of literary inspiration! We will continue to help as we can, and will certainly be praying you through each day. God hears our prayers and will provide all you need, and then some! He is so good ... all the time! Thank you for keeping a written record of this journey you are on :-)