Friday, August 13, 2010

Ayiti. More tent city photos.

I had trouble uploading all of the photos that I wanted to share last night, so I am going to try again AND add a video...we'll see...

This is Charlotte, the leader of the first tent city we visited...


These are the showers in that same camp...the nicest that we saw...
Sydney gave this mom one baby bottle and then she held up 2 fingers and asked someone to bring her other baby to show us...twins! She definitely touched my heart, and is in my prayers....

This mom found a spot for her baby to rest on a cot, which is resting over a drainage ditch. She was sitting on the cardboard next to the baby...and in a photo that I took but didn't post, just a few feet further down on this wall it says, "We need food."

This photo is from the camp that was overall in the worst condition, and it is probably no surprise that this is where people were more desperate and we had our "little problem" with distribution. I realized that I only have video of that and no photos. Since we need to leave now for Tom to preach at the revival, I will try to upload that video later tonight or tomorrow.

And, now for a photo of Syndey, who demonstrated Jesus' love and pure grace everywhere we went. And, I have to say that everywhere we went, people were extremely grateful and so kind. They asked ME how I was...I still tear up when I think of that...

By the way, everything that was distributed was from Lutheran Church Charities based in Addison, IL. They have sent beans and also sent money so that Sydney and Pastor Marky could go to Port-au-Prince and purchase the other items.

More tomorrow...please continue to join me in prayer, and some form of action to help these people...

No comments: