Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Participation Needed Please!...

If you are a faithful reader, (thank you!) you know that every once in awhile one of my three daughters (pictured above), posts on this site. I think the world of them, but of course, I carried them for many months, and have spent a considerable amount of time just hanging out with them, so of course, I think they are awesome!


But, besides just me, there's a few others in this world that have remarked about what a blessing it is to have one successful, gifted, happy child, let alone three! I am the first to admit, that we are very blessed, and in so many ways. There is something to be said for praying for your unborn children, even before they are conceived, and giving them to their Creator before you even meet them. And, I can't even begin to calculate the number of minutes, hours and days that I have spent in fervent prayer over them since they came into my life....


But, that said, I do believe that there are certain things that we can do as parents, mothers in particular, to raise children that are happy and successful...and seem to be responsible and just "get stuff done."

In the next several weeks I am speaking to two different groups of moms on raising responsible, happy, successful children. Not that I have all the answers. Or even very many, really. But, I do have some things to share that I did with my girls, that I believe in, and that sadly, I see lacking in our society today.

I believe that we as parents have a responsibility to do our best to teach our children to be responsible, and I want to share what has worked (and not worked!) for me to help parents do just that.

So, the test is going to be to see if my girls will venture out in this forum and write a little bit about how they were raised and what led them to be be the incredible young women they are today. I am going to email them to give them a heads up...but if you know them, you might encourage them too.

And, if you have your own tips or observations of my family that you've made over the years, I would LOVE to have you comment here. The more input I can get for these presentations, the better they will be!

No comments: