Tuesday, October 5, 2010

upcoming book discussion....

Good afternoon...(it's not 7 yet, so it's still afternoon, right?)

I just wanted to post a special invitation about the upcoming book discussion group to be held at my house.

In short, this book changed my life, and I believe that not only should every woman (young and old) read it, but every human being. I realize that only leaves the male species...

You can read reviews of this book on Amazon if you'd like. All I can say is that since we live in a society where media dictates what we should look like, act like and be like, and since we almost all have issues from our past that have deeply hurt us, we have a responsibility to ourselves, our spouses, our children, and the young ladies that surround us to recognize what has made insecure, and our unhealthy reactions because of our insecurity.

This book and study will cause you to dig deep, ask some hard questions, do some quiet reflection, and, in the end, realize who you are and Whose you are. It's not just for believers, so if you know someone that could benefit, but is not a believer, by all means, invite her. Just let her know that we will open and close in prayer...other than that, we're discussing a book. (Oh, until the end, when there will be an invitation, but that's after many weeks together...)

Here are the details:

When?............. Monday evenings starting October 25
When??.......... 7 pm
Where?.......... at my house, in Oxford - if you need directions, comment and I will get it to you
What else?... no childcare - sorry
Needs?......... bring the book with you (order soon from link below), a pencil/pen & notebook

This is the link for a paperback...you can do hardcover, paperback, cd's, or kindle...you just need your own copy of the book. If you order from this link, a portion of your purchase goes back to our ministry...(it costs you the same, they just give me a portion.)

That's it! No arm twisting, as I completely believe that the women that are supposed to be here will be here. I just feel compelled to share this book, and wish that while in Haiti and reading it I'd had someone to discuss it with...that's where this all came from...oh, yeah...and a strong feeling that I was supposed to be doing this! :)

Comment with thoughts or questions. Let me know if you will be attending so I can plan accordingly...

Blessings!
kimberly

No comments: