Sunday, April 11, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse, Week #9

Good late afternoon, princesses...

Well, as some of you know, my wonderful house guests from Haiti have been transported to their new home in Buffalo, NY! It has been a wild, crazy and wonderful week here at the Donnelly household. I still don't have much time to blog, as I put off my final project for my graduate class to do much more fun things to do like hold and play with babies, and now I have to face the reality that my final project is due Tuesday night!

With that, let's praise God for the fact that Tom had the opportunity and special blessing to baptize Gregory at our home last evening! Here is a photo of the happy God-parents:


Yes, that's right...Tom and I were chosen to be this precious little boy's God-parents! What a blessing! I can't WAIT to spend the rest of my spiritual life with that little guy and his family!

And here are the children that have loved on, and joined in this journey with Stephane and Gregory:


What blessings these little members of the Body of Christ have been to those boys! Words cannot express the love they shared with and showed those little boys while they were here! For anyone that says that one has to grow up to show the love of Christ, I will stand in bold opposition to this! There is a reason that Jesus said, "Let the little children come unto Me..." He knew the humble, selfless, power that was displayed in their love.

There are more photos to be shared, but I MUST get to that project! So, let's move on to the verse for this week:

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2

Ok, I know, I KNOW some of you are feeling like you are passing through the waters now! I KNOW that some of you feel that even though you are walking on your "tippy toes," the rivers are about to sweep over you! And for those of you that aren't there now, you either have been, or will be. I want to take you back to a moment in your childhood when you were somewhere between 6 and 10 years of age and you wandered into water that was getting to be too deep for you. You were perhaps playing and lost track of how deep the water was getting, or perhaps your parents weren't paying close attention and you wanted to see how far out you could go without getting caught...no matter the situation, most of us have found ourselves in a very real place where we were in water, on our toes, and could hardly keep our noses above the water. It's not a great feeling, because at the moment you aren't sure if you have enough control to get back to safe ground. One big wave and it could be all over...

Well, I also know that in your adult, princess life you have probably felt that way too, but not in a polka dot two-piece with ruffles on the behind. And, it's no less scary on dry ground, is it? Perhaps even more so...

Your Heavenly Father, the King, knew you since the beginning of time, and He has already been there. He is already the One holding your head up above the current and the waves...the One guiding your feet back to solid ground. Your Father, the King, tells you, "when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you..." HE is there.

So, no matter the struggle you face today, this week or this season....know that your Father is there to help you.

Why?
Because He adores you!

Blessings...
kimberly

1 comment:

Henni said...

Thanks, I needed that :)
Love from Germany!