Sunday, May 9, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse, Week #14

Good Afternoon, Princess!

Happy Mother's Day to you that are mothers! What a wonderful day it can be, if you have children that on that this day let you know how much they love and appreciate you! Of course, we all know it in our hearts, already, right? But it can be fun to share this day with other moms, too.

This morning at church I watched more than one mom with young children that probably did get a thing out of the service due to the "big time wrestling" that was going on with her children in the church pew. Oh, how I remember those days! It seemed like my worship was just the act of getting myself and them ready for church, because by the time we were all inside the doors there wasn't much worship able to happen.

If you are a mom in that situation, I just want to encourage you now. God honors the fact that you do go through the actions of getting yourself and your little ones there. He knows that despite the fact that you might not even be able to hold a hymnal without someone knocking it out of your hands, that you are doing mighty things in the kingdom of God. You see, you are teaching your young children that going to church with the body of Christ is important...that it is the only place your heart wants to be on Sunday morning. It is a lesson that they will take to heart. Your strength and perseverance during these years is teaching life lessons to the next generation!

So, even though you might leave church feeling that you need a nap and a shower, know that you have fed your little ones His food that day. And, there will come a day when you can worship in a little more peace and quiet, and perhaps be an encouragement to another young mom.

I want to just take a moment today to say how richly blessed I am today to be a mother. God has not only blessed me with three amazing daughters that are now amazing young women, but He chose to bless me with four equally amazing step-children. Each of my kids has unique gifts, abilities and strengths that have been ordained by Him. I am thankful to be a part of their lives and so blessed to watch them all grow up into the people that God intends them to be.

I prayed for my children before they were conceived...and have spent so many hours in prayer over them Sometimes over their heads on the pillows when they were asleep, every night as I close my eyes and lift my heart to Him in worship and prayer, and an infinite number of those "breathed prayers" throughout my day when the folks around me think I am sighing, but I am actually quickly but fervently asking the Lord to be with them during their day.

I see each and every day now in miraculous was God's faithful answers to those prayers! Thank you, Lord Jesus! I shake my head in amazement, and utter a "breathed prayer" to Him of thanks, and continued blessing in their lives.

No mom could be more grateful or more proud than I am of my kids. And so humbled that I get to be their mom. Wow...

Onto the memory verse for this week. We start a new theme this week, entitled, "....so, what do You think...(instructions)." So often in our lives we ask the opinions of those around us about what we should order from the menu, wear for an occasion, or do over the upcoming weekend. But, I want to focus for a few weeks on committing to heart what our Father, the King has told us about what He thinks and His instructions for our lives.

So, we will start in the book of Romans, and hang out there for a bit. We start with this verse:


 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." ~Romans 8:37


In your life, each and every day, do you feel like a conqueror? Do you let your feet hit the floor in the morning, before your first cup of coffee, tea, or diet coke, knowing that He has made you a conqueror of your day? Or, do you often get up just hoping that life doesn't smack you around too badly that day? (And, as one who has had my share of days living like that, wincing because I'm not sure who is going to hurt me next, I'm not condemning you...rather, I hug you...I just want more for you than that, so read on, sister....)


There's a lot to be said in this form of instruction. We are to start, live out moment by moment and finish our days as conquerors in HIM because He loves us and has ordained it to be so! Of course, this means being a conqueror as one that is striving to be in HIM, and walk in His Word...


Today and this week, I ask that you commit this verse to heart and instead of looking at live as beating you down, look to the One that has already claimed the victory for you! You are a conqueror as His daughter! Let it show...


Blessings,
kimberly





No comments: