Sunday, May 30, 2010

Scripture Memory Verse Week #17

Good Afternoon Princesses!

I hope that where you are your weekend has been as great as mine has...beautiful weather and time with friends and family!

This is how my morning began:


...on the deck with my coffee and the fountain...

That was followed by church and Bible study, then breakfast with my better half and a snack with my better half and Adrianne because she got off work too late to join us for breakfast! Now I'm on to gardening and yard work...very nice!

Since I anticipate dirty hands and a smelly me for the rest of the day, I thought I'd take a moment to get this week's verse out to all of you. 

I heard from more than a couple of you this past week about our last memory verse, and you said that you were making it your goal to "love sincerely." I have to tell you that meditating on that verse completely changed my week! Did crummy stuff still happen? Yes! But in the midst of all of that I realized that I always have a choice and that choice can be to "Love sincerely, hate what is wrong and cling to what is good." It is my prayer that it made a difference for you, too!

This week we continue on with some instruction for our lives, and it is a continuation of the same passage from last week.

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." Romans 12:10

Whew! Let the spiritual strength training continue! I might be able to slack off on the devotion in brotherly love part of that verse, but when it comes to honoring others above myself, it hits me smack between the eyes! How about you? I'm sure that most of you are better at this than I am, and I want to be like you. 

If, like me, you struggle with this, let's continue our strength training together, but please let me know you're with me! Just like you might have a walking buddy, I would like us to be spiritual workout buddies!

Have a blessed Memorial Day and a wonderful week!
kimberly


No comments: