Sunday, February 7, 2010

december 27, 2009...

Welcome to the women of four13 blog! It is my hope and prayer that you will find something here that resonates with you and will embark on this journey with me!

My name is Kimberly Donnelly and I am a 40 something year young wife to Tom, mom of Kati, Stephani and Adrianne, and step-mom of Amanda, Megan, Benjamin and Nathan. I am also the step mom-in-law of Derick (Amanda’s husband of 2+ years), and “Grandma Kimberly” to Aiden, Amanda and Derick’s precious little boy who is 14 months old at this writing! Here he is on Christmas morning with “Bappa,” my husband, Tom.



Besides husband, kids and grandkids, there are three dogs that reside at my house…Max, Rocky and Bella…they keep me loved up, entertained, and busy with my dry mop catching the dog hair that never seems to end!

My life has been full of joys as well as challenges, and along the way I have never been perfect, but have always tried to remember Whose child I am, and keep that in perspective. This blog is my small way of sharing the lessons that I have learned along the way, as well as some of the moments that have changed me as a person.

You may be wondering about the title of this blog, and why I chose, “women of four13.” The Scripture reference is from the book of Philippians, chapter four, verse 13: “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”

I believe that we as women are incredibly strong…look who has the babies and sticks their hand down the garbage disposal when it is clogged! ☺ I also believe that we are born with hearts that are huge. have great depth, and can become hurt and burdened by this trials of life, or just by life itself.

We need a source a strength for those big events, but also for all of the small events that happen each and every day. I challenge you to think about your source of strength…and spend some time exploring this issue with me in the days and weeks to come.

So, let’s embark on a journey…a journey about becoming women of four13. I look forward to walking alongside you on the way….

No comments: