Sunday, February 7, 2010

well, you have to start somewhere...

good evening...
as i write this, the superbowl is just beginning, and i can see it from a distance, which is just fine with me! i will pause to get a closer look when it is commercial time, and after i am done here, sit down with my sweetie to watch the game for awhile.
creating this blog has been on my heart for sometime, and tom announced in december that i would start it after the first of the year as part of firmly rooted ministries, which, up until now has really been his, and his alone, ministry-wise. we have always dreamed of doing ministry together one day though, and the Lord seems to have been opening some more doors in the area of my ministry to women. it's something that i have loved over the years, and something that always seems to be calling my name, even when my time and attention were directed elsewhere. now it seems to be time to *give* it the time, care and attention that it deserves, and that my heart it beckoning for....
if you know me well, or have heard me talk about it, i couldn't officially start a blog until it was a "pretty blog." i enlisted the help of my *new* (and yet unmet) friend, kelly, of fabulous k creative to make my blog pretty! her blog designs are amazing, and she has become fairly well known, it seems...her waiting list is long, and i am about in the middle of it! she has endless patience with my questions and second guessing my designs, and at some point, when the time is right, i will have a pretty blog to share! i thank kelly in advance for her hard work on my behalf!
but, i haven't been waiting for the final product to begin writing, and now i have decided that i don't need to wait for "pretty" to start sharing, either! so tonight i begin posting those things that i have been writing over the past month or so and will just continue to add...i figure you all will just appreciate it more when the pretty appears one day!
soon i will post about how just like this blog, i'm not yet pretty...pretty enough to be sharing with you, but that you might bear with me, as our Savior does in our "not-quite-there-yet-ness" and loves us anyways, and just wants to make us pretty....
so, tonight i will post some of the previously written posts and share some photos....and then will post more soon, my friends.
thanks for indulging me by reading....i look forward to your comments and sharing more in the days to come...feel free to share with any woman that might need encouragement (or a laugh) about being a woman, being a wife and being a mom and step-mom....

No comments: