Sunday, February 28, 2010

Scripture memory verse #5...strength & song...

This week just FLEW by! My goodness...when I saw that my last post was almost a week ago, it's hard to believe! And that there hasn't been a free moment to post inbetween seems hard to believe as well, but it's so true!
What blessings and joy that have come from hosting our Haiti guests! Stephane and Gregory have really warmed up to all of us and are just having the fun living the life of a 3 yr old and 9 month old! They finally have both slept through the night the past 2 nights, for which we are especially grateful! Adults need their sleep, and getting it again is a wonderful thing....Leonie and Rachelle were such troopers all last week with them as they adjusted to a new home, and new climate, and dry conditions here in Michigan. The addition of a humidifier in their basement room was great for all of them!
Rachelle flew home yesterday to study for her boards, and was happily reunited with her husband of just 18 months, Ezekias. So now Leonie and our family cares for the boys, and we miss Rachelle's constant smiles a lot! We pray God's blessing on her studies!
Today Leonie had the opportunity to speak at Lake Louise Church of the Nazarene, the church of our dear pastor friend, Dave Gerber. Words cannot express what a tremendous blessing it was when the people of that congregation gathered around Leonie and our family and prayed over and for us as others were singing, "Amazing Grace." We are all still in awe of that time and those precious moments. Leonie has thanked us several times for taking her there this morning. God is indeed so good. And what a body of Christ that they would surround us and lift us up in that way! Pastor Dave even prayed over me that I might not have "too much Martha, and just enough Mary..." those of you that know my struggles understand the meaning of that prayer!
When we returned home from church, there was a lovely family waiting in our driveway...the adoptive family of Ludia, who was an orphan that knew Leonie from LesCayes. Christy, and Jon (parents) and sister Julianne came from Holt, MI to help Ludia connect with some of her Haiti history. We all had brunch together (remind me to tell you about my new crockpot - hero of the day!), and rekindled one old relationship, but developed so many new ones! WOW! God is so amazing! (Have I said that already? I am just humbled...) We are certain that we will be crossing paths again soon with Ludia and her family!

Ludia and Leonie
Our families (in part...minus our children, and their other 4 + 2 grandchildren,
 Stephane and Gregory!)
So, now it is time to share this week's Scripture memory verse. Very similar to last week's...I know that I need another reminder, and I'm praying that you do too. I think it's significant that these verses are repeated in God's Word to us...
"The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." 
Exodus 15:2
As we sang in church this morning, I peeked down at Leonie and she was singing along, but not mightily...there is that whole thing about translating, learning and a new melody, and figuring it all out before the song is over. So, her lips were moving, but there wasn't a lot of feeling being demonstrated. I was thinking about how it was when I worshipped in Haiti...the people around me were singing with such HUGE emotion (very different from most worship here in the states), but I didn't know the language or the songs, so I was just sort of moving my lips. Yet, when I observed Leonie in Haiti, she was worshipping, and I mean WORSHIPPING during those songs! 
And, thinking those things, in just a moment of time, the verse above came to my mind. The Lord is truly our strength AND our song...no matter where we find ourselves in a moment in time. The language and circumstances might be very different, but HE never changes. And when you throw in that He has become YOUR salvation...well...it doesn't really matter where you are, does it? He is the common denominator for all of us.
Let HIS strength be in YOUR song this week...because HE is YOUR salvation.
Praise God!
kimberly

No comments: