Sunday, February 7, 2010

january 2, 2010


Good day, ladies!

I hope and pray that your new year is off to a fabulous start! On 12/31/09, Tom and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary!
It was a great celebration of many memories from our years together, as well as talking about what the days and years ahead might hold for us. God has been so good to us through these years, and as I spend each day with my best friend and soul mate, I marvel at how much we have to share with each other and how much we learn together.
Our years together have been filled with blessings, but not always easy…in fact, the first few years we said that we counted our married years in dog years…one would go by and it felt like seven in hindsight! Much of that came from having both been married before and the blending of two families. Never for the faint of heart, but something interesting at every turn!
As we have spent more time together, we have come to discover and re-discover the many things that we have in common, like ministry, optimism about the future, a strong faith in the One that gives us hope, our hopes and dreams for our kids, and our strong love and commitment to each other.
There are times too, when we discover that we aren’t exactly on the same page with each other, and then we have to take a step back, remind ourselves of all that we have in common, and then figure out where to go from that common ground into that new territory….not on separate pages but together.
One thing that I know for sure is that this man is the love of my life, and I am so thankful that God let him find me! Come good or bad, I want to share the things of this life with Tom, and have him by my side as we go through. I know that no matter what happens, if he is with me, and our heavenly Father, it will all turn out ok in the end.
I look forward to many more anniversary celebrations with the love of my life, no matter what challenges this life holds…there are many more joys for us to share together, as well!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

this is a test....from me, kimberly!