Monday, February 8, 2010

Memory Verse One: 2-1-10

(for those of you that are interested in memorizing the Scripture verses with us, here is the first verse, from last week. AND, it's an easy one!)

Good Morning Princesses, and blessings on your new week and month!

This morning, we begin a new journey together…as sisters in the Lord…and, if you will, princesses of the King! (more on being a princess in an upcoming blog post!)

Thanks for standing side-by-side with me as we begin…you see, I start this not mainly as a service you, but a lesson in accountability for me! I need to be in the Word more! I need to be memorizing Scripture and holding those passages in my heart…so THANK YOU for humoring me and joining in this walk with me! I can’t WAIT to see what the Lord has in store for us this next 11 months!
I am going to group our weekly Scripture verses in themes…themes that seem important in my life, and I hope in your life, as well. The themes are titled by things that we might say to our spouse or to our friends, and then in parenthesis, the spiritual application.

So, this month, we begin with the theme,
“i am woman, hear me roar….” (strength)

Our verse for this week, is Philippians 4:13, which is,
“I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” (NIV version)

Why this verse? This happens to be the theme verse for  my up and coming blog, which will be called “women of four13,” once it’s finished and pretty!  This verse has been a rock for me throughout my life. When life gets yucky (and we will discuss that in an upcoming theme), remember where the Source of your strength is…not in the things of this world…but in our Abba Father. He knows your needs before you do…and wants to and will meet every single one of them.

More on strength in the weeks to come…now on a technical note: if you have access to an ipod touch or an iphone and want to “have an app for that” to practice these verses, you can download the app “iflipr” for $4.95, and look for the group, “women of four13,” and you will get each week, the Scripture verse in a “flashcard” format that you can practice! Once you join, it will sync automatically so you never have to wonder if you’re current…very cool! I will be posting the weekly verse there each weekend for you!

If you don’t have access to that technology (or dislike that technology, lol), then I suggest you just purchase a spiral bound pack of index cards and copy the verse each week and carry it in your purse for practice.



Well, that’s certainly enough for one week!

Thanks again for partnering in this with me…I LOVE being with fellow princesses as we walk this road…

Feel free to forward this message to anyone else that might want to take this journey with us!

Blessings on your week my friends…remember that you are royalty!
Kimberly

No comments: