Saturday, July 31, 2010

The concert outside my window....

Well, the day (night) has finally arrived...several of you have seen Tom's photos or videos, or my comments about the upcoming concert here in Les Cayes.

Just when the rain was stopping, about a week ago, this began on the soccer field, right outside our bedroom window:
I asked Tom what he thought they were doing, and about 2 hours prior to this photo being taken, he said he thought they were going to put new lines on the soccer field.

Lots of pounding ensued...

Next, this:
Then this...but this is when they made a mistake, so at 10 pm the other night, they started taking part of it apart and changing it...all night....
And....this was yesterday.....a rehearsal and sound check that started about 5 pm and went until 4 am today...


And tonight, as I type these words, the concert is beginning. My bed is shaking...below is a photo I took a couple of hours ago:
See the people on the right of this photo? They can see into my bedroom window....

And, what is most surreal is that all of this light and sound is powered by huge generators (under my window), but the rest of the city, as far as I can see, is dark...no power.

Late breaking news...I think they just lost their sound during the first song...oh, no...Tom came in from the roof (our seats...) and reported that it is pouring...i couldn't hear it for the generator, but now I hear the thunder and the rain is coming through the window...what will this do to the concert????

To be honest, I did pray for rain, but only after they got an hour into the concert so that I could sleep before 4 am....(more thunder...)


Look for an update soon....

No comments: