Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Haiti. Day 15.

Wow. I have been here for 2 weeks, and it just seems like yesterday that I arrived! I have learned just a little Kreyol (or Creole) so far, but am getting slightly move brave about trying it out.

I need to stop posting on Facebook in the morning what our plans are for the day, because about 75% of the time, they change! I have been saying for the past several months that God is going to use this time to teach me some life lessons, and perhaps being a little more flexible is one of them! I am able to go with the flow here, let's hope that I can apply these lessons at home!

This morning Leonie and Yelline told me that there was a lot of work to be done to prepare for the arrival of Amanda, Megan, Kelly and Ashley....laundering the bedding, doing more laundry, adding beds to the room, etc. They said that it would be "all hands on deck," (well, not really those words, but I got the meaning of their words...) and I jumped in to help!

After laundry, etc., Yelline needed to make her monthly trip to the market area in Les Cayes to pick up supplies for the orphanage. I offered to go along and help. Kim, from NY went along too, although this wasn't her first trip to the market area. She asked me if I had been before, I told her I had not, and she told me to be prepared. Whatever that means, right?

So, here are some photos from our trip to the market:




This is most of the food needed for the orphanage for one month....

And back at the orphanage, everyone helps unload!

Well, Adrianne and Julie have made it safely home, and Amanda, Megan, Ashley and Kelly have made it safely here! God is good!

Good night my friends!



No comments: